Any New Yorkers here

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by WillHaftawaite, Jan 2, 2020.

1. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,981
    have some time to spare over the next few weeks?

Harvey Weinstein: What to Expect at the Rape Trial That Will Decide His Future

"The other key strategic moment will be jury selection. The court is expected to call hundreds of prospective jurors, in hopes of finding people with lots of free time who know relatively little about the case. Jurors will be given a lengthy questionnaire in an effort to flag potential issues. For each panel of about 20 jurors, the prosecution and the defense will have about 15 minutes for questioning. The defense will aim to use that time to weed out people who seem ill disposed toward its client. It will be an uphill battle."

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Deplorable Yankee

Deplorable Yankee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,400
    Thiers a bunch of em here
    No longer resident

Every once and a awhile I would get the notice ..I used to answer jury duty
    I would show up and get dismissed ...one was a negligence case and the furthest it went was the lawyers asking us questions ....they cut a deal within an hour or two

I forget the law if you just show up if it goes to trial or not you get to turn down any jury duty notice for a set amount of years I forget exactly how it went ...that's why I would show up

3. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +8,284
    Weinstein's just one of a long list of Kosher predators, pedos, perverts & deviants.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1