Anyone here have prostate cancer?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by okfine, Sep 26, 2019.

1. The Purge

The Purge BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,379
    His radio show is on now...listen to him on iheart . I am a firm believer in NOT being opened up if I don't have to, and some of my old friends that get cut doing prostate cancer have to wear diapers and forget about ever getting it up again....You lose that ability hell might as well die!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,732
    Correct....

3. MAGAman

MAGAman Pro-American Patriot Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,845
    A friend of mine had the radioactive seeds implanted into his prostrate instead of typical radiation treatment.

It worked spectacularly for him with very little side effects.

4. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    I had a robotically assisted prostatectomy in 2012. I have my PSA checked yearly for any signs of cancer reappearing. So far, so good. I was considering radiation therapy, but doctor recommended the surgery. Said it would spare the nerves controlling continence and ability to have an erection. The first year was the worst with regard to sex life, but I regained function over time. I had no problems with incontinence other than leaking a few drops of urine. Certainly didn't require diapers or depends. That also got better over time. Good luck to you and hope your treatment choice is successful.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,699
    Yep. My Father-In-Law had the old school prostate surgery. Game over in the bedroom. There are other options these days so IMO the knife is the last option.

6. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,287

Nowadays the surgeons can get good results with the DaVinci brand robot assisting. Its made by Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and is being updated. Depending on the skill of the surgeon and the extent of the disease, they can often preserve function in guys with prostate cancer. And if they can't, they can give a guy a foot long titanium implant in a separate surgery.