Cancer Treatment wait times....increasing under national healthcare system in Britain...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 2aguy, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    European healthcare is a lot better than you understand. It's a lot better than your politically motivated sources will admit. Also they still have private options if necessary. If it were trash and people weren't getting help other than in isolated anecdotal situations it wouldn't be so popular. I have been to the UK, Denmark and Sweden. I have talked politics with people and have expressed the point of view U.S right wingers have in regard to their healthcare. The people that live there laugh at the shit you say because you're ignorant. They are not ignorant; you are. No system is perfect, including theirs. You could find horror stories and anecdotes to push any position in politics. That's all that's being done in the articles you use to reinforce what you already believe. The fact of the matter however is that their public options do a lot of good for people that need it, and the public would never support the removal of public options. That will never happen, ever. Keep shouting from the rooftops that their system will fall apart any minute. Shout until you're blue in the face. They're laughing at you though. Public healthcare in Europe will never go away. It's only a matter of time until we do something similar.

2. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,775

Moron, public healthcare in Europe is crashing...they can't afford it. Their social welfare states are eating up all of their money, and if not for the U.S. they would have crashed a long time ago....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    Any day now the Europeans will give up on public healthcare...

Any day...you'll see...

[​IMG]

4. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,284

Public clinics hire a lot of people, its about their jobs.

Decent physicians can emigrate to America or other free nations to practice. Quacks who work for the clinics don't have that option.

Further, most people aren't sick and don't really need qualified doctors. A Quack can write a scrip just like a decent doc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,807

Once again, if it were so great, why do the rich and powerful come here?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,284

Its not just the "rich and powerful" by any stretch of the imagination.

I was getting a medical test at the Cleveland Clinic maybe 15 years ago or so. While I was in there, getting injected with dye or something in the office, the staff had a world map on the wall with a stick pin for where all of their patients they had in this one office came from. All four corners of the earth were represented, all of those people weren't "rich and powerful" I don't think.

7. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    How many times and in how many different ways do I have to address the same talking points? I already conceded that at the very top end U.S healthcare is the best. The rich and powerful come here because they are rich and powerful and can afford to fly across the globe to pay for the best care money can buy. Are you suggesting that if Europe did what we do the top end of their healthcare would be equal to our own and rich people wouldn't fly here for care? Are you suggesting that if we implemented a public option for those that need it our healthcare would cease to be the best at the top end and rich people wouldn't fly here for care? Both are equally ridiculous. A public option wouldn't prevent you from having access to excellent care. Our private care will continue to be the best in the world regardless of public options. You wouldn't have to wait in lines in the snow to get a procedure you need. I am also quite sure that if we really wanted to our public options could be way better than the European ones that Europeans are already very happy with. Why? Because we're fucking awesome and we can do anything better than Europe does.

The argument was never that at the top of the top European healthcare is better. The argument was that for people that can't afford the best healthcare in the world (most people) a public option is very useful. That's why nations that have done it will never stop working on public options. It would be the same here if we tried it. It'd end up being a huge boon to people and we would never go back. If we actually implemented public options I bet people like you would realize they work just fine. You'd go and use them and not worry about it because it wouldn't be a problem. You are convinced of shit that just isn't realistic. Your perspective is flawed and motivated by partisan bullshit. Public options are extremely useful and it is only a matter of time until we have one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  8. pknopp

pknopp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,987
    We have great healthcare..........for those who can afford it. Unfortunately many can not. I find it sad that we can continue to fund or not actually fund bail outs and bombs but not health care.

I suppose being alive and broke is better than not being alive but why should that be the choice?

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

9. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    Most ordinary people cannot afford to fly across the globe to get world class healthcare in another country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,284

A lot of the foreign patients are undoubtably politically well connected. If Macron is sick or one of his close relatives, do you think he'd risk getting treated in the Paris House of Pestilence?