Dem Constitutional Expert: Pelosi Played Into McConnell's Hands, Destroyed Her Own Case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by easyt65, Jan 15, 2020.

1. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,560
    You are the Trump parrot.

2. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,560
    The Senate only set the rules a few days ago. Your case is bullshit.

3. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,560
    I am sure that is all your brain is capable of.

4. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68,010
    What upsets you so much is that I rely on actual facts as reported by media, contained in official reports, given in actual testimony, etc... Unlike you I do not make up my own alternate reality in which Obama did not deny the Ukraine lethal aid needed to protect itself from Russia's invasion and annexation of Crimea, for example. I am sorry you were embarrassingly corrected on that fact, but don't blame me. YOU said Barry never withheld aid, not me.

5. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,560
    He sent non-lethal military aid. He never withheld any lethal aid because he never agreed to provide lethal aid.

"The Obama administration refused to provide lethal weapons in 2014. The decision came as Russian forces invaded the eastern territory of Crimea in 2014 after Ukraine ousted its pro-Russia president. But the United States under Obama did provide extensive military and security aid but not lethal weapons."

Gaetz misleads about Obama's record on Ukraine military aid

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nostra

Nostra Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,851

Vehicles, goggles, body armor..........................I bet Putin was pissing his pants.:21::21:

Obama REFUSED THE REQUEST FOR LETHAL AID FROM UKRAINE. Told them to pound sand.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  7. NightFox

NightFox Wildling

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,297
    LOL, yeah... nice rebuttal.:rolleyes:

BTW feel free to pick up your white flag and take it with ya before you slink away, K? Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68,010
    I see you need to be educated...again.

Once the Hose votes on articles of impeachment are voted on and passed, it is the Speaker's job to send them over to the Senate. Her doing so is not dependent on the Senate. Attempting to use the excuse that Pelosi was waiting for the Senate to set the rules under which they would operate is a 'distortion of the truth', which is saying it kindly. What Pelosi did was continue to abuse her power in an attempt to force the Senate to comply with her demands on how the Senate should conduct their Impeachment process. Pelosi believed she was being a 'master strategist', however, she had no power and no authority to demand or attempt to force the Senate to do anything. Everyone from the Democrats' own Constitutional Expert, Jonathon Turley, to their surrogate fake news propaganda-pushing CNN clammed Pelosi for her blunder, which undermined their argument that the President was such a threat to the nation that he had to be removed immediately, that there was no time to waste..... until she put the brakes on.

What is 'cow excrement' is your attempt to justify Pelosi's faux pas by somehow claiming she was forced to withhold the Articles of Impeachment UNTIL the Senate established its own INTERNAL rules on how their Impeachment process would be run.

Aside from paying for that silver platter and those memorial celebratory pens with tax dollars and sending the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate as soon as the House passed them, all Pelosi had to do then was pick the best bull-shitters they have who will try present their Impeachment, which is 'based on the weakest case in US history', to the Senate.

9. hadit

hadit Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,949
    The fact that Constitutional Experts, all of whom are far more educated on the Constitution than are any of us, do not agree on the matter means it is not a "slam dunk", "open and shut" case, or anything like that. That also means then that the Senate is not committing treason, forcing cats and dogs to live together, or even rising to the level of wearing white after Labor Day by aquitting the president. It simply means there is disagreement on the matter, so the Senators are free to vote their conscience after taking into account that this is the best the hostile House could do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,560
    You do make up your own alternate reality. Anything the media reports that goes against your so-called facts, you dismiss them as left wing media. The left wing media tries to get it right unlike Breitbart and Fox News that even ignores facts. You cherry-pick official reports and actual testimony so it says exactly what you want it to say. Obama provided military aid but refused to provide lethal weapons. There was no correction. You are the one who needs to be corrected. Also the fact that Trump had the plank in the Republican platform supporting lethal aid to Ukraine removed.

• Funny Funny x 1