Do You Believe Social Justice Is Good? My Thoughts from a Christian Perspective

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KingdomInTheCulture, Jan 25, 2020.

1. KingdomInTheCulture

KingdomInTheCulture Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    In the video, I discuss my problems with Social Justice and leftism in general that make it a poisonous philosophy from a Christian perspective. Do you agree with my thoughts, and do you think Social Justice is a good or a bad thing?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Norman

Norman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,314
    Social justice is just a other name for Marxism and far left ideological rot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Likkmee

Likkmee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,263
    I shall reply with The Real Deal

4. LaDairis

LaDairis Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,769
    The original Christian social justice program.....

You give Jesus EVERYTHING

Jesus spends it all at the brothel

Jesus gets arrested, outed as a total fraud, and nailed to a cross

If you gave Jesus EVERYTHING, how much do you get back???

Answer - NOTHING

Social Justice Christian style = give up everything, get nothing back

5. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68,572
    Whenever you put a qualifier in front of the words "justice," the result is injustice.

6. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,536
    Lots of kids develop diatribes like in that video when they are high. Reducing everything to an absurd conclusion, but having to make huge leaps in logic to get there. In most cases, they sober up the next day and realize just how goofy their thoughts were. Unfortunately, the young guy in the video didn't do that. I do agree with some of the things he says, even if he does it in a hyperbolic way. He could have easily used Trump as an example of how the use of power, unfairly gained, is detrimental to the whole, All things considered, the video is about what can be expected from a high school kid and could reasonably expect a B or B+ grade.

7. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,666
    people have written top 10's w/ similar thoughts...

~S~

8. pknopp

pknopp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,296
    I've never thought YouTube arguments were ever worth the time to click on them.

9. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +706
    I didn't get very far into the video to find a pretty serious breach with Biblical teachings:
    "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." -- 1 Corinthians 12:12
    The whole chapter speaks in very simple terms how all of Christians belong to one community, and how Christians self-identify as parts within that community ... this is where we get such gems as can the eye say to the foot I have no need of thee ... well, the answer is no ... each one of us, Jew or Gentile, needs everyone else ...

I understand this is from the writings of Paul the Apostle, and not of God the Father, the Son, nor Holy Spirit ... but still, calling Paul a member of the contemporary radical left seems a bit awkward ... individualism is divisive, and separates the various parts of the Christian body ... and basic human nature "I'm better than him, I deserve more" ... instead of "We're better than them, how can we help?" (first person plural intended) ... ...

=====

Is the lust for power confined to the Left? ... I understand the lust for power is an evil in all ways ... but this lust spans the entire political spectrum ... I would even go far as to say the existence of this political spectrum is founded on lust for power ... why be a member of the XYZ Party if not to increase the party's power? ...

=====

Odd ... you know the servants didn't get to keep the talons, right?, the earned their master's joy ... I don't know if you've been a servant before, but that's a big deal for servants ... and notice both the servant that earned the 5 talons and the servant that earned only 2 talons were equally rewarded, and we can assume that the servant who earned just one talon would also have been rewarded ... alas, that servant was lazy and didn't do anything, so no reward ...

The Left wants everybody to get a reward, whether they earn it or not ... from a poster with a single "trophy point" ...

=====

Disagree, agree and agree ... nice video, I enjoyed it ... you've put a lot of thought into the content and I appreciate your sharing ... I hope you return here to discuss the precepts you've brought up here ...

We live in a kingdom ... not a democracy ... that which man creates is flawed and without God ... [sigh] ... only Satan could write the US tax code ...

10. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,750
    Nice video OP, I think everything comes down to the Golden rule and the non aggression principle, which are pretty much the same.

Social justice by law has been a failure in the US, but has allowed racist left wingers to make Caucasians the boogieman so they have a permanent underclass.

This domestic underclass is waking up, so the left wingers in power are looking to important a new underclass, hence the recent call for open borders.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020