Florida Keys Deliver a Hard Message: As Seas Rise, Some Places Can’t Be Saved

Discussion in 'Environment' started by james bond, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,616
    Curious minds would like to know if you warmed the water you used to clean your locks and if you did would algore approve?

2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,172
    There is NO WAY UNDER THE SUN to VERIFY that is a picture of a street in the Keys, or that it has been flooded for more than even five minutes.

3. Anathema

Anathema Crotchety Olde Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,387
    Thankfully most of the Coastal areas are largely Liberal cesspools. The ocean will cleanse these areas by claiming them for itself, and washing away the trash as it does.

4. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,767
    Sure there is get off your lazy stupiud fucking ass ans see for your self.

5. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,252
    Yeah I also saw in the OP that someone called a "sustainability director" is responsible for this garbage statement. WTF is a "sustainability director" and why the heck don't the mods take this bullshit out of the Breaking News forum?

6. Yarddog

Yarddog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,248

Even if man made global warming is true, the United States is not the problem. It's China, India and other emerging regions who are increasing their CO2 output while we have been reducing ours. There seems to be this feeling among the AOC type democrats that we need to completely alter the United states as we know it, to save the world.
    Its more than ridiculous and not based in fact.
    There was once an Aluetian land bridge from Russia to Alaska, where people could walk across but its all under water now. Sea levels have been rising since the last big Ice Age and they will continue to rise until the next Ice age.Theres nothing man can really do to stop that from happening but civilization will survive just fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. cnm

cnm Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,176
    I now understand from where that paradigm comes.

8. james bond

james bond Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,038
    I lived close to Ocean Beach in SF for many years as I grew up in middle Richmond district in San Francisco. It's erosion there, too, caused by big storms. There is a huge 14' wastewater infrastructure that runs alongside the beach. If they do not shore it up with tons of additional sand to support it, then it could snap and cause a huge stinky mess. Thus, they bring lots of sand in many dump trucks from elsewhere and dump it on the beach. The problem isn't rising seas, but the libs all think that's the cause when it's erosion caused by storms and to shore up the wastewater infrastructure.. Why do you jump to conclusions?

ETA: There is no AGW and rising seas. It's all a scare story told by secular scientists. If the seas were truly rising, then the GRACE satellites would tell us. You would be getting information from them and getting warnings to evacuate. The problems we have is caused by changes to weather which we can't control.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  9. MAGAman

MAGAman Pro-American Patriot Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,258
    Sadly, sheep believe idiots in private planes telling them to stop driving their mopeds.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Rye Catcher

Rye Catcher Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +662
    I've seen pictures of Ocean Beach well before my birth. I doubt your comment is the only reason why the Beach has shrunk. There is substance to your comment, since I recall a ship being anchored a few hundred yards off of Sloat Blvd., which the Chronicle wrote was mining sand. I don't know if it was to be replaced back on the beach, or used for the cement industry.

For the record, the sea wall was built years ago and the waves white water has reached the rocks at the end of Kelly's Cove and the sea wall during King Tides. Clearly those tids contribute to the erosion but I can't imagine what they take away goes too far out to sea, and so it is not replaced by in the process.