Just Saw a Bloomberg Ad Touting Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weatherman2020, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73,377
    I don’t have a link, it was live TV. But that’s his platform to get votes.

Can the Left get any more tone deaf?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NightFox

NightFox Wildling

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,352
    Part of the Health Care plan that Bloomberg is campaigning on involves expanding Obamacare (from his campaign website):
    Health Coverage Plan | Mike Bloomberg for President

"Build on the Affordable Care Act
    The ACA made great strides in helping people who don’t get health insurance through an employer afford coverage in the individual market. Mike would reverse the Trump administration’s attempts at sabotage: He would expand enrollment efforts, restrict the sale of health plans that don’t meet ACA standards, and defend the law against politically motivated lawsuits. He would expand subsidies to cap premiums at 8.5% of a household’s income. He would create a permanent reinsurance program that, by helping insurers with the largest claims, would reduce customer premiums roughly 10%. Finally, because about a third of Americans choose not to see a dentist regularly because it is too expensive, Mike would expand Medicare to include an optional policy covering dental, hearing, and vision care, and would require all states to cover oral health services for adults in Medicaid."

When you boil them down, ALL of the Democrat Candidates have the same basic proposals for fucking up the Health Care System even more than it is; which amount to doubling down on all the ideas that got us into the current mess.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brain357

Brain357 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,650
    Republicans have no plan....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Indeependent

Indeependent Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,849
    I’m sure MB has memorized all 2,000+ pages of the ACA.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 4
  5. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,176
    maybe i just wasn't paying much attention to his ads. in fact, i know i wasn't. but what little attention i have paid, in the ones i have seen, he doesn't say he's running for president.

like this one:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  6. NightFox

NightFox Wildling

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,352
    Sure they do and it's just as idiotic and ultimately doomed to failure as the Democrats "plan".

Bureaucratic
    Un-affordable
    Inflexible
    Short sighted

Someday "We The People" are going to learn TANSTAFL and I'm afraid we're going to be learning the hard way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,961
    It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pknopp

pknopp Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,508
    Until you want bailed out.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. 22lcidw

22lcidw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,566
    Neither do you. In the end we will have the medical care of other nations. Eventually though it will degrade in care due to costs. There will be limits in medical care over a lifetime. There will be limits in care for existing conditions. There will be age limits set. There will be wait times. There will be massive corruption by providers as many will become wealthy as the hospitals become poorer. Lawyers will become even richer. To keep it going vices of every kind but sexual will become near illegal. And even sexual ones will end up with limited medical care. Hospitals once were medical providers. Now they are medical businesses. They will be even worse especially if there are limits on payments in different areas of care as they manipulate resources from others areas. The connected will get their care of course. That is what will happen along with massive extractions from every person's paycheck or whether it is seen or hidden.

10. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,843
    Obamacare is still around, so of course he's gonna grab onto it. The thing should have been defeated, and a new policy take it's place. If you leave crumbs laying around, then what happens next ??