Nepotism and Power

Discussion in 'Congress' started by flacaltenn, Oct 2, 2019.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    It's worse than not having a prayer of ethics REFORM,,, --- what's on the books for "ethics violations" has more holes in it than the moon has craters... And people just shrug their heads and wonder why no one ever gets punished..

I guess that's because before the 100+ year reign of the same parties, it was just clearly WRONG and apparent to the Congress and the voters what was unethical.. But in the past century, the 2 parties have "defined down" what they can get away with..

Just like the discussions on USMB where aggregious violations of ethics can be absolved just by pointing out that "the other party did it first" or "the other party did it worse"..

We're now at the point where BOTH aging, inept and corrrupt parties are SO ethically compromised, that there are NO LIMITS to the scams they can walk on... Unfortunately, we need humble honest public servants to fix this. OR -- eventually, they will assume the power to meddle and exploit every aspect of the power they THINK they have...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    Absolutely.. The forensics of crime here is simple as you just laid out.. I'll just say that it takes TWO parties to compromise each other so badly that they BOTH get away with gross abuse of their office and power.. If you can show that "the other" did it -- you're off scot free.. We all know where that leads without RESTRAINING their power to give favors, and punishment...

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    Jefferson just couldn't imagine the SAME two monopolizing political parties opposing each other so long, that NEITHER SIDE could commit crimes that hadn't been already done by the other...

BUT -- the Founders DID WARN US about "two parties in opposition"... And there are a lot of "time capsule" warnings to that effect... I've posted these several times.. I'm on a mission to promote Indepedents to declare and run.. Independents with more than adequate name recognition.. In fact, not MANY Dem/Rep Congress critters are happy being muzzled and chained by the party leadership...

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
    JOHN ADAMS, letter to Jonathan Jackson, October 2, 1789

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
    GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Party leads to vicious, corrupt and unprofitable legislation, for the sole purpose of defeating party.
    JAMES FENIMORE COOPER, The American Democrat

The bosses of the Democratic party and the bosses of the Republican party alike have a closer grip than ever before on the party machines in the States and in the Nation. This crooked control of both the old parties by the beneficiaries of political and business privilege renders it hopeless to expect any far-reaching and fundamental service from either.
    THEODORE ROOSEVELT, The Outlook, July 27, 1912

To paraphrase James the lizard Carville --- "It's the PARTIES stupid"....

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    And there it is.. If it Trump and one of his sons -- you'd be doing a whole Broadway drama on it.. IT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO... Because you have Daffy Joe BRAGGING at a CFR meeting on video about giving the Ukraine "six hours to fire the prosecutor looking into Burisma" while his son was sitting on the board.. American people WANT that kind of transparency.. And I can't imagine why Biden would be threatening them on a six hour deadline with withholding aid.. And then having the CFR chuckle about him getting it done..

You also have 3 Senators writing a similar blackmail letter about aid to Ukraine if they did NOT CONTINUE to cooperate with the Mueller investigation..

This is power individual Congress critter ought not HAVE !!! Wouldn't you agree?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,598
    IF someone dropped a 1 megaton nuke on D.C., they'd be doing us a favor as long as they stopped after that.

6. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    I think doing a couple aerial drops of that Israeli riot control "skunk juice" might move some of the critters out of their nest...

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. Damaged Eagle

Damaged Eagle Pilate's Dream Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,214
    [​IMG]

But the nest already smells like a...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Unfortunately I don't see Washington DC changing it's ways anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  8. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,744
    That's totally up to America's voters. Eventually the fact that most of Congress is compromised by scandalous practices that are NOT NOW illegal --- will be apparent to even the 2 digit IQ demographic...

THEY have to break the destructive habit of REWARDING these aging, corrupt parties for doing virtually NOTHING that they are supposed to be doing ---. And spending almost their entire terms shuffling and scheming to retain their power....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,425
    Oh right ... just the D’s huh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,219

So, a fellow with absolutely no relevant skill and absolutely no applicable talent gets a kushy, extraordinarily high paying job for a company in the Ukraine while his daddy is heavily involved in the affairs of that country, and you think it was just a coincidence or something?

For the life of me, I cannot imagine having a mind so insufferably dull and lacking even a scant trace of inquisitiveness to the point I would arrive at the same glib conclusion as you. It's not that you are simply denying that where there is smoke, there could be any fire, but denying there could be any fire when you are choking on the smoke, you can see a bright orange glow through the stuff and you can feel the heat as you get closer to the glow.

Good grief, son, do you think large companies hand out these lucrative contracts to complete nothings for no reason? He could not possibly help them run their business because he was no more qualified than you are. The ONLY possible reason is one of influence.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1