Poll on women and free speech

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Votto, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,864
    Women Against Free Speech? | RealClearPolitics

Majorities of students polled said they support both free speech and "inclusion and diversity." When asked which is more important, 53 percent said inclusion and diversity, and only 46 percent said free speech.
    What I found most striking -- the numbers that stood out for me -- was the difference between men and women. Among men, 61 percent favored free speech. But only 35 percent of women did so. That's a result I certainly hadn't expected.

So ladies, what gives?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. depotoo

depotoo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,313
    Don’t count me in that group. I am embarrassed by many women these days.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,735
    I've said it in different threads and it should be obvious but many women think differently despite facts , proof and truth . I have known that for over 65 years Depotoo .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,419
    The poll question sets up a weird, artificial dichotomy, doesn't it?

While granted, those who scream "Inclusion & Diversity" (oy) are often the same people who are willing to shut down speech, "Inclusion & Diversity" (oy) and Freedom of Speech are not mutually exclusive. They are not opposites. They can exist within the same universe simultaneously.

I wonder what the poll results would have looked like if one of the answers could have been "both".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,075
    Opposition that successfully limits diversity and inclusion, as we have seen in the past, operates to prevent free speech. History is full of small groups of people who pretended to speak for the many, giving assurances that everybody was happy with their lot without asking.

Now that there has been an effort to foster diversity and inclusion, more voices are being heard that have been kept silent in the past. It's wonderful to see that people all over the world and of all backgrounds now have an opportunity to speak their minds and they are taking it.

It's not a question of being denied the microphone. It's simply that everyone gets to speak and then has to yield it to the next person.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,735
    I don't care about the worlds voices , nor does TRUMP as he works for people from Peoria rather than 'paris' Lysis . And you 'euros' nart have a peep to say . But on other issues , have you taken care of your FEMALE problem yet Lysis ??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,735
    I mean , even right now on tv , TRUMP is telling the 'euros' to pay up and it I TRUMP that runs the world on his own say so Lysis .

8. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,075
    The orange whore does not work for the people of this country unless they are billionaires or phony, whiny "Christians" with their thumbs up their butts. I think that you are sore because more people in this country are stepping up to the microphone, and they aren't all male, they aren't all white, they aren't all straight, and they aren't all Protestant fundies, and they aren't all lining up to kiss the orange whore's ass or that of some TV evangelist.

What female problem? Stop flicking your private parts around and zip up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,735
    TRUMP is doing fine , he works for me and other Americans like ME while telling you 'euros' to pound sand or to pay up your BILLS Lysis .

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,075
    Working for Americans like you is not the same as working for all Americans, not even close. In fact, he is working against many Americans. I have no ties to the European continent, moron, except for the fact that it is populated by human beings, of which I am one and is the source of many cultural traditions that I celebrate as part of my heritage.

• Funny Funny x 2