Polls Again: Oof. Biden’s Lead Contracts, Bernie Is Disappearing; Warren Rising

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Purge, Jul 11, 2019.

1. The Purge

The Purge Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,078
    Hotair ^ | 07/11/2019 | Jazz Shaw

I’m old enough to remember the heady days when Joe Biden was polling somewhere north of 40% and the only other person that could even crawl into the teens was Bernie Sanders. But that was literally weeks ago. The latest Economist/YouGov poll just came out and it’s difficult to say if we actually have a frontrunner among the Democrats. Biden has dropped to 22 percent and Elizabeth Warren is only five points behind him, barely outside the margin of error. And what happened to Bernie Sanders? He’s fallen back to eleven percent, in danger of hitting single digits. (The Hill)

Former Vice President Joe Biden is hanging on to the top spot in the Democratic primary field, leading his nearest rival Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) by 5 points, according to an Economist/YouGov poll released Wednesday.

Biden notched 22 percent support among likely Democratic primary voters in the poll, while Warren finished in second place with 17 percent. In third was Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), who took 14 percent support in the survey.

Rounding out the top five candidates were Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) with 11 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who received 5 percent of the vote.

It’s beginning to look like the Pete Buttigieg boomlet has gone bust. He was the flavor of the week for quite a while there, but his opponents have been tagging him on his handling of the police shooting in South Bend last month, as well as suggesting that he’s insufficiently woke in terms of racism. In any event, his numbers are heading in the wrong direction.

Getting back to the headline, how did Joe Biden slip so far so fast? I suppose we’ll have to credit that at least partially to the first debates and the way Kamala Harris somehow dragged him into a debate on busing (!?!) decades after the last time anyone was talking about it. The pile-on by the media was relentless and it appears that enough people are paying attention to cause him some damage.

Do we really think this could happen to Biden for the third time? Granted, his first presidential bid was kind of a long shot. The second run just hit some unfortunate timing because he ran smack into the teeth of the Hope and Change moment. But this time seemed like it just had to be different. Biden came out of the gates looking as if the primary was only a formality. He had not only the highest name recognition but the best approval ratings and a gold plated resume. And yet somehow Kamala Harris has dragged him into a mud fight. Oddly enough, it hasn’t helped her as much as Elizabeth Warren, though. Those Dem primary voters are a fickle lot this year, or so it seems.

Let’s not start writing Biden’s political obituary just yet, though. He’s still in the lead outside the margins and he has at least a couple more debates to do some damage control. But he clearly can’t take anything for granted anymore and float above the fray. If Biden really wants this, he’s going to have to earn it.

------------

The Brown SHirt Media has to give each of them their month of positive exposure. Beto had his, Sanders had his, Biden had his, Warren and Harris will get theirs, Klobuchar comes closer to the end as she is more “centrist” whatever that is nowadays. She doesn’t want to actually eat aborted babies, I guess.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,406
    I knew it. The Dems would throw the old white guys under the bus.

All they can do now is play identity politics. Everything is about race with these people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Ricky LIbtardo

Ricky LIbtardo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,941
    Looks like it's going to come down to an angry black woman against an angry injun.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,619
    After it’s over with. One can go back to the ghetto the other the reservation.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  5. DustyInfinity

DustyInfinity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,092
    Every time I see Warren, I think of an angry muppet.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,512
    Its fun to watch the democrat voters jump from one candidate to the next desperately searching for the one that can beat Trump...its not about ideology with them anymore...its about winning and beating Trump.....its funny as hell....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54,370
    Neither of which are the ethnicity they portray themselves as lol

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,060
    I think of this:

1awarren.jpg

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. imawhosure

imawhosure Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,749

The odds are 40-60 (and that is good odds with so many candidates) that Harris will be the nominee; unless of course she has skeletons in her closet yet to be exposed.

Why?

Because the Left believes that to many Black voters are leaning towards Trump, so they need to quash that situation. If Trump carries 25% of the Black vote, he will win 35 states. If Trump runs against a white guy, he might carry 30% of the Black vote. If he runs against a white guy who is gay, he might carry 50% of the Black vote, and while I exaggerated a little, not as much as you might think!

Black people are NOT stupid, dumb, or even dizzy. The most improvement in the economy under Trump has gone towards them, and they are seeing that illegal immigration affects their community the most.

I am a minority, and I have BLACK friends! More than a handful of them are for Trump this time, that were NOT last time. The Left doesn't want to tell you these facts, and I am 100% positive, that it is not just in my circle. One of the most important things to them is...…..ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

The reality is----------------->the only way to bridge the gap on this is...……….run a black candidate, plain and simple. If the Left does not, it is Katie bar the door!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Richard-H

Richard-H Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    All of the Dem front runners have no chance of winning in 2020.

The second tier have some good candidates.

Biden - Will not carry the liberal wing of the Democratic party. He'll divide the party and LOSE.
    Warren - Way too far to the left - will scare the daylights out of moderates
    Sanders - Same as Warren
    Pete - No way in hell America is gonna elect a gay man
    Beto - Good talker, but an empty shirt otherwise
    Harris - No way America is going to elect a black woman. She'll get people about as excited as Hillary did in 2016.

The best that the Dems have is a Ryan/Gabbard ticket.

• Informative Informative x 1