Republic of Türkiye

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by ekrem, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259

Tell me something, which group do you work for?

And why lobby this site?

Further, if anyone wants some insight into the Turks, they can look at how they treated us when we needed them. And it had nothing to do with them feeling that going into Iraq was wrong. It was because we would not be letting them slaughter the Kurds as they have in the past.

2. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I am working for no "group", you?
    You live in a small world if you think Turkey is defined by its decision not to allow US soldiers on its territory. Maybe you are confuseing the issue, Turkey is no US dog relying on US security guarantees or being dictated policies to follow. We brew our own beer and as Turkey gets more involved in regional politics, everyone (includeing the US) has to be cautious and must sleep over the issue of follow-up damage by provoking Turkish reaction. We have witnessed this between US and Turkey the last years and the outcome of this is that US decided not to push too much against Turkey. Despite Iraq war has been catastrophic for region and Iraq issue will be a conflict zone between regional powers even when US redeployed to a non-relevant presence in this region, Iraq issue is now being shaped by US in compliance to Turkish interests, and US gets word Turkey will not occupy North-Iraq in a large-scale. In practical this means US giving up policy of Turkish blockade into Iraqi realpolitics. US for itself does not need to follow policy of strengthening centralist Iraq, geo-political reality of Turkey ensures other regional powers of not following policy to divide Iraq up. Namely Iran.
    Free Preview of Members-Only Content | Stratfor

Of factions within Iraq (Kurds) i do not even talk about, this geography is no musical request programme. Despite Iraq being a ressource power, Iraq as an entity has lost ability to keep up with other regional powers: Iran, Saudi-Arabia and Turkey. If you look at Iraq on a faction/sectarian/ethnic level each faction is being doomed to a vasall status. This may sound arrogant but it is the truth what Iraq awaits as an entity and on faction level.

3. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Turkish president is currently for a 4-day visit in Russia.
    There was important developments.
    Russia and Turkey agreed to switch their trade transactions to local currencies, Rubel and Turkish Lira.
    Turkey, Russia agree on TL-ruble area in bilateral trade

World Bulletin [ Turkey, Russia agree on TL-ruble area in bilateral trade ]

Some deals were made worth 60 to 80 billion $:
    $US 60 billion energy contract signed in Moscow
    Russia and Turkey have signed a 15-year energy contract worth $US 60 billion. The agreements were reached while Turkish President Abdullah Gul is in Moscow for a four day official visit.
    Russian Energy Minister Sergey Shmatko says the two countries have also almost agreed to build four reactors for a potential nuclear plant in Turkey, which could cost $US 18-20 billion. Each reactor would have 1200 MW of power. The project is planned to be finished within six years.
    RT: News : $US 60 billion energy contract signed in Moscow

Then there was signed an strategic cooperation agreement:

Putin says Turkey 'priority' for Russian foreign policy

http://en.rian.ru/world/20090213/120131597.html

Presidents of Russia, Turkey adopt strategic declaration

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20090213/120126947.html

Russia, Turkey hail flourishing neighbourhood ties

AFP: Russia, Turkey hail flourishing neighbourhood ties

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Turkish people are very, very pride about their country, ekrem here is a good example of it.

A bit like americans that have so much patriotism, so glad to put an american flag everywhere it is possible : this site is a good example of it :tongue:

I find it also a confusing country: is it muslim? or is it secular?

Muslims do not drink alcohol.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  5. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,320
    Gosh, i don't recall you asking toomuchtime_ that same question.. geee, the double standard is amazing. A turk posting about his muslim nation gets flak while the standard issue retinue of zionist jews get nothing less than a sloppy blowjob. SAY IT AINT SO!

:eusa_shhh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +412

Turkey will build a total of 3 nuclear power plants. The nuclear power plants will be built and operated by private sector. The first tender to build the first nuclear power plant on the south coast of Turkey in Akkuyu was won by a Russian-Turkish consortium. The consortium consists of a Russian energy distributor, a Turkish energy distributor and the Russian state company for nuclear technology.

The consortium offered to build the VVER-1200 type reactor. That reactor is the newest developed reactor Russia has to offer. The reactor itself is not being installed in Russia, yet.
    But the Russian government has authorized to build 6 nuclear reactors on VVER-1200 technology in Russia between 2011-2015:
    Russian government approved a General plan of power industry objects placement till 2020

The Nuclear power plant in Akkuyu has a design of 4 * 1.200 MW reactors and has a project value of 18 to 20 Billion $.
    RT: News : $US 60 billion energy contract signed in Moscow

The next tender will be for the nuclear power plant on the north coast in Turkey in Sinop.
    Where the 3rd nuclear power plant will be built is not decided, yet, but press reports indicate, that in Sinop will be built also the 3rd nuclear power plant.

All these nuclear power plants will be built and operated by the private sector, no state involvement. The state itself currently develops an indigenious reactor technology. The aim is to produce a 100 MW reactor by 2015. The project is financed with 3 billion TL (current exchange rate = 1,8 billion $) and finace was approved by government in 2007:
    Nükleer için TAEK’e 3 milyar YTL kaynak

The first round of nuclear power plants is private company related. In the first round there will be built 3 nuclear power plants with foreign technology. The 3 nuclear power plants will produce about 14.000 to 15.000 MW. So each plant is designed containing several reactors.

7. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950

Mark my words, it will end in disaster.

8. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102

Russia and Nuclear. I always thought that you should keep those 2 words as far away from each other as possible :razz: .

9. Lycurgus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259

My complaints with Turkey are more than fair. Further wanting to know which propaganda group a person represents is a fair question. since I am not a Zionist, I don't understand your last comments. I stated fact and asked fair question, that is not flack! Grow up!

10. Lycurgus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259
    I only speak for myself. Thank you for your response, it is very hum, Turkish and expected. Further it supports my worries about the US giving too much in that direction, it will come back to bite us. No one asked you to be their dogs, but, they did expect a fair agreement considering what has been done for Turkey. Seems you forgot who aided in all of that industry building. Washington needs to learn from this.