Seller on ebay won't give me refund on shipping or pay for reasonable return shipping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sapient MAGA Hat, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Sapient MAGA Hat

Sapient MAGA Hat Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I bought a watch on ebay but changed my mind after wearing it for a week and realizing watches are stupid. I sent a message to the seller stating the watch wasn't doing it for me and I wanted a return. At which point they said they would refund the full price of the item minus the shipping as soon as the item was returned. I told them I wanted the full price and shipping returned before sending back because I shouldn't be out money because they sold me an item that didn't look good on me. Also, they offered to pay for return shipping, but it was the cheapest AKA SLOWEST method possible rather than doing the right thing of giving me an overnight shipping label so that I could get my fund backs sooner than later. Why do sellers think they are entitled to hold on to our money for as long as they like?

So far they've refused to refund the shipping and they refuse use a reasonable return shipping. At this point I was extremely annoyed by their outlandish behavior and attitude. I should be able to keep the item and get a full refund based on their behavior. They haven't replied yet, but I suspect the risk of neg feedback will put these jerks in their place. Sometimes you have to be tough to keep the bullies and scammers from beating you down. I just hope they refund it before the Wednesday because there is an item I want to bid on that is ending then.

So tired of jerks on ebay. How do you deal with horrible sellers?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Your Worst Nightmare Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,920
    You want to return a watch because it doesn't look good on you? And you want the seller to pay for the return shipping at a higher rate. What's wrong with this picture?

Fine, the seller should take the watch back. But in many local businesses, you may be hit with a 20% restocking free and YOU have to transport the item to the store. I find it quite fair that the seller is willing to give you a total refund. But what I find fault with is you are demanding that not only does the seller pay for the return shipping but pay for premium shipping. You must be a WalMart trained Shopper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,842
    Dude thats on you.
    I never buy shit on ebay since you have very little recourse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,078
    So file a complaint with EBay. I'll bet you a dollar that it won't turn out like you want it to.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. The Irish Ram

The Irish Ram LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,616
    :1041:Since they don't know what looks good on you, you can't hold them responsible for your poor judgment in what watches look good on you. Nor should they give it to you for free because they don't meet your demands. Send it back on your dime. Get your refund.
    It's not their fault your wrists are ugly...:crybaby:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  6. OKTexas

OKTexas Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,267

First thing you need to admit, you bought something you didn't think looked good on you.

Second, what was the sellers return policy? Most sellers won't pay return shipping if you just change your mind or don't like the item.

Third, I'm an Ebay VIP and even I don't get overnight shipping on returns. If a 7-10 day delay on your refund will disadvantage you that much, perhaps you couldn't afford the watch in the first place.

I think maybe you should put yourself in the place of the seller and treat them the way you'd want to be treated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,010
    Sorry for your luck...

Caveat Emptor

8. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,848
    I used to seel a fair amount on Ebay. The jerks I ran into were buyers like you. The seller you dealt with lived up to his end of the bargain. You just decided you didn't really want what you thought you wanted. And now the seller is supposed to bend over backwards to get you all the refunds and shipping faster?

Did you pay for overnight shipping when you bought the watch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. deannalw

deannalw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,295

Verily, verily, I say unto thee...stfu

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  10. deannalw

deannalw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,295
    This thread wasn't honest to begn with. There are a few clowns around that post outlandish crap just to get a rise out of folks or see what happens with their trollclickbait thread. Like fbj.