Somali Terrorists/Pirates Murder The Four Americans

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by HUGGY, Feb 22, 2011.

1. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50,547

I've read Sun Tzu and A Book of Five Rings as well as Clauswitz et all. The US most certainly did lose in Vietnam and we should have never been there. The politicians sent us there and then refused to let us fight the war properly. That is the fault of the politicians, not the military or the US.

When we were allowed to fight it properly the fighting was finished in 11 days, it's called Operation Linebacker II and we destroyed the North Vietnamese ability to defend itself. It was launched because Nixon wanted us out and the Vietnamese wouldn't release the POWs. So we said Ok this is what happens when we don't have to fight with a blindfold on and one hand tied behind our backs.

I am quite happy to discuss military history for any time from the present day all the way back to Harun al-Rashid or back to Marius if you prefer. I know it quite well.

2. Ropey

Ropey String tension is not infinite.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,458
    Well?

3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,105
    Yea, Ropey, what we all get is that you are so full of B.S. that it is running out of your ears. :doubt: :cuckoo:

4. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +772
    I attempted to address these perception of yours by introducing the topic of the first Chechen War in another thread, but you dropped off a load of propagandistic nonsense instead of actually responding to the simple, uncontroversial question I posed. This is the sort of behavior that makes me doubt that you have any interest in actual discussion.

No, and your portrayal of yourself as some sort of paragon of honesty who valiantly exposes my diabolical machinations has me wondering whether or not you're actually being serious. If I felt the need to obfuscate to defend my position then I wouldn't have taken it in the first place. "Minimizing" is a matter of perception so I don't really care about that. Of course I think that some things and events are less important than you do and vice-versa.

My view of your ability to engage in meaningful discussion isn't based on your exchanges with others; I don't really read those.

5. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +772
    I hold these individuals responsible for committing a crime and support punishing them. At the same time, I acknowledge that they were able to commit this crime in the first place because of conditions brought about by other actors. You apparently do not.

6. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,304
    If you REALLY want to go off topic you can blame water rights wars the Ethiopians suffer under as the real pressure that is causing them to migrate to Samolia. But that isn't what this thread is about now is it?

An update! US sources are saying that the Somalis taken prisoner on the hijacked yacht might be brought here for a trial.

7. Ropey

Ropey String tension is not infinite.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,458
    Bring them in and try them, Kalam's acknowledgment of extenuating circumstances and events notwithstanding. And that will be left up to the judges to assign degrees of guilt.