"Take her out" re: Voyanovitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fort Fun Indiana, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,646
    Trump has the right to remove any ambassador- however Yovanovitch is a career State Department employee- he doesn't have the right to fire any State Department employee he wants to without cause.

Would he if he could?

Considering that Trump is a thin skinned bully who always believes in attacking those who he feels threatened by- in a New York minute.

2. Paulie

Paulie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,648
    You are a programmed robot. Turn your TV off and get outside. You’ve lost your mind.

3. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,646
    Clearly you are projecting your own issues on others.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zorro!

Zorro! Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,530
    It wasn't a crime to hold up aid. Congress set no deadline for it's release, and Trump released it before the Fiscal year ended.

A president can fire an ambassador for any reason or no reason. If the ambassador is bad mouthing the president, that’s an excellent reason.

To be sure, a wise president will want to confirm reports of the bad mouthing before he acts. In this case, Trump didn’t act at the time he first heard such a report. Yovanovitch was removed more than a year later.

Since the tape recording, as reported, does not remotely show improper conduct by Trump, some critics are spinning it in a different direction. Trump has said of Parnas “I don’t know him.” Yet, reportedly they were at the same dinner, and interacted there.

I’ve interacted with public figures at fairly small dinners. If they don’t remember me, and I’m sure most of them don’t, I’m not offended. If they say they don’t “know” me, I’m not going to say they are lying.

I don’t know if Trump is lying about whether he knows Parnas. Maybe it comes down to what the meaning of “know him” is in this context. Certainly Trump didn't "know him" in the biblical sense.

The drive to impeach President Trump is about to fail. It doesn’t seem to have turned public opinion against the president. Hence the continuing need for stories like the one arising from the April 2018 recording.

A meaningless tape recording of Trump

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,543
    He tried to fire her 5 times, at least, said Parnas, in front of him or Rudy..... but Pompeo would not do it.... there is more to this story.... we need to talk to Pompeo.

So, the Trump mobsters began bad mouthing and lying about her on Trump TV, FOX. Victoria and Joe DiGenova, Rudy, John Solomon, and Don Junior, and Parnassus paid Texas Rep Pete Sessions to bad mouth her too, hoping to shame trump in to forcing pompeo to do it or get yavonvich to quit.

His mobsters, Rudy and goons needed her gone, so prosecutor Lutsenko would do Rudy the favor of announcing the opening of an investigation in to Burisma/Bidens.....

Lutsenko wanted her gone because he was corrupt and she was fight ting corruption there, as a USA diplomatic goal.

So much for president Trump`s LIE about not knowing Lev Parnas.... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  6. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,543
    You stupid PUTINista propagandist!

REP. Pete SESSIONS WAS PAID BY PARNAS TO WRITE THE NEGATIVE LETTER about Yavanovich.

7. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,543
    YEP!

That's what Parnas said in one of his interviews.

8. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,593
    Moron.....

He fired her a year later.........sorry you wasted the time to start this thread.

9. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,441
    :45:
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html

10. Zorro!

Zorro! Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,530
    So what? He has every right to fire an ambassador, they serve at the pleasure of The President.
    Buzzword Salad that conveys no meaningful information.
    That's all you have? Name calling?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1