That's what the Democrats said!

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NightTrain, Oct 5, 2003.

1. jones

jones Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Buddy, don't try to end this Rush Limbaugh style.
    You posted this topic without sources, and I, "In good faith", provided 1 source.

I'm just pointing some shit out, as you did! So why don't you go find out for yourself? Thats your job. Im not going to link your favorite websites.

2. Bry

Bry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good post, eric. I think it is certainly true everyone THOUGHT he had chemical weapons. Bush didn't exactly go out on a limb with that assertion. Clinton before him was just as convinced, and all things considered, I don't know how he would have handled it differently. I AM pretty sure that if it were Clinton and not Bush, it would be Republicans that were all over him. In a way, you can look to England for verification of this. Blair IS the labor party!!! And the people that are criticizing him, except for from his own party, are the conservative right!!!

As for the Nation (NT and Jones), they do have a political agenda. It's no secret, but they do have some good analysts. I think any reference to their articles should be backed at least in part from a source more known for their objectivity, who ever the hell that might be.

3. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point bry. I think all media sources have their own agendas. It is hard to find true objectivity in the mainstream media, but when we turn to other sources then we have the additional problem of reliability. Smaller news services many times just do not have the resources to verify all aspects of their stories. I do believe though that the mainstream media's facts are more than likely correct, it is their commentary that puts a spin on the whole thing. I read and listen to the facts and draw my own conclusions, as I am sure you do.

I also agree that not everthing needs to be a partisan issue. Parties have a knack of pointing the finger at each other when they themselves have plenty of dirty laundry. They do what they can for political gain and this hurts the people in the end, though I do not think it will change any time soon.

As far as Iraq is concerned I just do not think it is wise to rush to judgment before all the facts are in. I think the next 6 months will be an interesting time. We can discuss our opinions as we have, this is healthy for our country, I just think it is too early to start pointing fingers.

4. Bry

Bry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As a side note, I do pay attention to the "watch dog" groups that do have an agenda, but who's self appointed task is to allert the world when someone does wrong. Another advantage to small or special-interest publications is that they frequently try to appeal to a specific audience, and it is there that you can frequently find information about topics you won't find in the main stream because they aren't trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

In such away, I discoverd that there is currently a popular rebelion in Bolivia in reaction to the perception that the conservative government is selling it's natural resources at a rediculously low price for graft and perks for the ruling class. Also, that during the Clinton Administration, the head of the EPA was sent to a recently abandoned mountain top removal mine in which a mountain to had been pushed into the valleys, creating a good deal of flat space and destroying forever a piece of West Virginia's beautiful natural heritage. That person a speech by way of an inauguration of the new flat park which was touted as strong environmental poilcy on the part of the Clinton administration. Anyone that lives out side of West Virginia might have heard the big promises and thought "how wonderful is our government!" while West Virginians knew they had just lost a mountain.