The Case for The Aether (resurrected)

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Grumblenuts, Jun 22, 2019.

1. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,113
    So the speed of light is constant despite the ether it travels through is effected by forces such as gravity? You’re whole theory is now contradictory.

2. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    So either you still haven't read this:
    The Case for The Aether (resurrected)
    Or didn't comprehend it. In either case, you continue asking me questions preloaded with your own presumptions based upon ignorance. Do you not comprehend that I'm still adding to this topic as my time allows? That it's not a finished product yet? Nonetheless, IF you ask somewhat intelligent, unloaded questions about areas I've yet to cover in detail, I will respond.. allow you to distract me.. and attempt providing some sort of shortened explanation.. that therefore will not likely be very satisfying, but will be truthful nonetheless.

3. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    More on gravity then:

Sir Isaac Newton (1693):
    Since 1855 at least the argument has never progressed beyond a draw. Michael Faraday:

4. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    You can read more of Faraday's arguments from the same source along with plenty of angry, dismissive rebuttal from the unnamed editor. SSDD. I'll proceed with my own.

First off, in case one somehow fails to accept that it's still a draw, consider this. We intuitively think we are pulled toward the Earth's center of mass by this force called gravity. We are naturally biased by our senses. However, when sitting on a bus our senses also lead us to believe we are being pushed backward into the seat when the bus suddenly accelerates and forward whenever the brakes are applied. Wrong on both accounts, but also, what happened to any sense of being pulled? Just standing we imagine tension exists pulling to Earth, but no hint of that exists on a bus moving laterally. There's actually no reason to presume being pulled rather than pushed.

Picture a submerged ball filled with air and tied with string to the bottom of a swimming pool. Its weight is insignificant compared to its buoyancy. Great tension exists between the ball and Earth's center. Yet the ball wants to go skyward, not down. Why? Because the net effect of the surrounding medium (water) is to push it upward. Same as the air pushing a helium balloon upwards. No pulling necessary. But, OMG, not gravity! How could that be! What medium could be pushing us downward? It really ain't rocket science, folks.

5. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    Accept for the moment that The Aether exists and is always working to lower its entropy, meaning return to its default density. If follows then that wherever mass displaces The Aether it keeps trying to get back in. So if one of us is such a mass The Aether pushes at us from all directions at once. Same with the Earth. Now if one of us blocks The Aether from pushing the Earth directly it just pushes us toward the Earth instead. The net effect is perfectly analogous to the pulling theory when all the vectors are added.

The only difference is the pushing theory actually explains the what, why, and how of gravity while the pulling theory just leaves everyone scratching their heads.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. karpenter

karpenter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,456
    Any Excuse To Put Kate Beckinsale In A Rubber Suit....

7. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.

8. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    (Video removed due to lack of reasonable evidence to corroborate historical claims made within)
    I've seen many, many claims of experiments purporting to demonstrate that Michelson-Morley's experiments were simply too insensitive or otherwise done wrong. I believe that's true. But I'm not going to promote something simply because it initially appears to agree with me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    This, being actual study results published in a physics journal, is something I can promote:

10. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351
    What's endlessly amusing is watching videos claiming to explain the Casimir effect as though it were some development of, supportive of, predicted by.. quantum mechanics (QM)! Oh, sure! "Zero point energy", "The vacuum of space", "Virtual particles",.. we created all that! And, and, Heisenberg was one of ours doncha know!

Actually, stripped of all that desperate nonsense, nothing supplies clearer evidence of The Aether and Le Sage Effect.
    LOL, yet it's how QM actually explains the Casimir Effect to this very day. Modern physics simply steals and corrupts the ideas of others in order to prevent any threat of disruptive progress. Conservatism on crack.