The ghostly head and shoulders of an unknown woman surprisingly appeared at a table

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Dalia, May 11, 2019.

1. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,659
    Hotel Vierjahreszeiten in Maurach, Austria.

The size of the female form is much bigger than the rest sitting around the woman surprisingly appeared at a table and the film camera ghost photo was not the product of a prankster. It's unstaged and a real anomaly, possibly paranormal.

table-ghost-head-picture-1988a-xl.jpg
    Whether or not this is truly a ghost in the picture is uncertain; but even after fame of the photograph spread, no one came forth with the identity of the mysterious female face.

The famous ghost photograph was taken by a Mr. Todd using a Canon T50 camera that was set to snap the photo on a 10 second delay. The flash unit was used.

It is not believed, by researchers, to be the product of a double-exposure. So how did the lady get in the picture?

Source:
    Ghosts Caught on Film
    by Dr. Melvyn Willin and published by David and Charles

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,082

I dunno. I'm a photo expert and I see nothing "paranormal" about the image. The blur of the woman is consistence with others in the picture. If she wasn't really there, why is there a gap in the line of other people around her? There is no one seated behind her.
    Third, you can see her light-colored pants leg below the table. That leg doesn't belong to any of the other people.

3. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,703
    Hillary?

4. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,659
    The "ghost" is very close to the table as if the head would be almost resting on the table and we know that the ghosts are not in the same dimension as we

5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,082
    We "know" no such thing. What you point to is simply an over-exposed blob, and I can identify three of them in the image. They could be anything, folded napkins, etc. The fact that we don't know what they are does not lead to the conclusion that therefore they must be ghosts.

In the parlance of image processing, this is simply a "clipped" region where the sensor was burned out with more light than it could handle, ie.: full well saturation and such regions are all over including in the lamp shade above, the two guys pants legs, etc. The LACK of information does not leads to the conclusion that it must be the result of something, proof of something that still remains unproven, indeed, it is the nature of the brain to "fill in" missing areas of information with information of its own---- -- imagination.

6. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,659
    I meant that if ghosts exist they are not in the same dimension as us otherwise we will see ghosts everywhere.
    There is surely a logical explanation so I do not doubt your skills but we must also take into account that we do not know what happens after death so it can also be a deceased person?

7. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,082

I think ghosts exist. I've experienced paranormal. There is a lot of empirical evidence out there. The Hindus describe the universe as having many layers, the Gross Physical (what you see), the Subtle Physical (the ego, soul, vital energy, maybe ghosts), the Astral Plane (the plane of thought, mind, ESP and ideas), and other planes. It's just that I don't see a ghost in your picture, just some common blobs of overexposed light. If ghosts were really there, it soesn't make sense their heads would be on the table, they would be standing up or seated like everyone else, because as the story goes, ghosts are partly in our plane of reality along with their own.

8. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,659
    I also had a paranormal experience, I think I saw a ghost but still the position did not hold the road and I already made a thread about it, I saw a woman dated I think of 1850-1920? sitting at the top of a building at the end of a round surface like a statue but she moved, it marked me for life.

ghost woman (1850-1920) in Ottawa Courtyard

9. harmonica

harmonica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,014
    no such thing

10. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,509
    Dear harmonica
    My guess is that this photo and others are digitally altered and not real ghostly images.

However, a friend I met at a Buddhist retreat shared an experience she had after her father had died.
    The family was gathering or eating together at home, when they ALL saw the "ghost or representation"
    of their father walk into the room. They all reported seeing this at the same time.

Now you can believe that was a "group" hallucination. Some sort of mass hypnotic effect
    that made them all believe they saw the same thing. Anything is possible.

But like I mentioned before, with why we believe it on faith when someone reports dreaming something.
    I happen to believe my friend when she says she and her family members all saw this at the same time.

So whether or not this can ever be captured or proven,
    it depends on whether we take it on faith that someone is telling the truth,
    and they really saw or experienced such visions or images.

If dream images can happen while we are asleep and appear like real memories,
    why can't such images occur in our brains while we are awake?

On what level of the mind do such images appear and exist?
    Whatever that is can be considered a "level" or "state" of reality
    even if it's not the same as they physical world we experience
    and explain using empirical senses.

I would explain it as the same level where dreams occur and appear real at the time.
    If you want to call that level "spiritual" or whatever other term,
    it's still referring to the same thing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1