There is no potato

Discussion in 'Food & Wine' started by Ringel05, Aug 1, 2019.

1. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,602
    Well...just sayin, neither was Bonzi until she started eating my food.
    This dish is best when able to use in season garden tomatoes. And at 380 they sweeten a lot and even char a little. One thing you could do is blend the tomatoes.
    I will say, I blend the tomatoes now when I make spaghetti sauce. She likes it better that way, and now so do I.

2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,723
    My wife doesn't like tomatoes all that much either, I make Spaghetti Bolognese, not a lot of tomato. Tomato sauces are okay in small quantities, ketchup on my hamburgers and meatloaf, BBQ sauce on almost every meat and poultry and I even prefer the salsas that have a smaller amount of tomato in them.
    Oh and when I make my Bololgnese I put it over baked spaghetti squash instead of pasta noodles.

3. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,602
    I guess I like tomatoes from growing up in Indiana. The Midwest produces the best tomatoes. It's not even close. California/Florida tomato farms are corporate can fillers, they produce the most but they do it without flavor. I remember the time Bonzi ate the first tomato here... she didn't know they even tasted like that.
    I like Bolognese with 2/3 lean-lean ground beef and 1/3 ground pork. When I make Bolognese for Lasagna I add not quite one tsp. yellow mustard. Yep mustard. Try it.