This Guy Is Smarter Than Any Of Us Recognized!

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by PoliticalChic, Nov 5, 2019.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,294
    "President Trump Nominates More Judges
    The nominations come on the heels of a record number of Trump nominated judges being confirmed by the Senate."
    President Trump Nominates More Judges

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,294
    All We Want for Christmas is More Judges: Ho, Ho, Ho
    Trump’s appellate court appointments are hugely significant, but perhaps most important, Trump’s victory in 2016 prevented conservatives from losing the Supreme Court for a generation.

[​IMG]
    Appointing conservative judges is the one objective that unites the Republican Party. It is one of the few things the Senate can do without the House.

And it is something that immediately impacts public policy because, during times of divided government, many political fights end up being resolved judicially.

Trump may not have the “best people” representing him or running his White House, but he’s picking them to be judges. Indeed, “based solely on objective legal credentials,” left-leaning Vox’s Ian Millhiser says, “the average Trump appointee has a far more impressive résumé than any past president’s nominees.”
    Approximately 40 percent of Trump’s appellate nominees clerked for a Supreme Court justice, and about 80 percent clerked on a federal court of appeals. That compares to less than a quarter of Obama’s nominees who clerked on the Supreme Court, and less than half with a federal appellate clerkship."
    All We Want for Christmas is More Judges: Ho, Ho, Ho

3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,294

I may have short-changed Mitch McConnell in giving all the credit to Trump.

Just found this from May, 2018....

"What I want to do is make a lasting contribution to the country. And by appointing and confirming these strict constructionists to the courts who are in their late 40s or early 50s, I believe working in conjunction with the administration, we’re making a generational change in our country that will be repeated over and over and over down through the years.

HH: Let me give the scorecard for the audience. Thus far under President Trump, 15 Appeals Court judges have been confirmed. An additional 12 have been nominated, and three are almost nominated. 17 district court judges have been confirmed. 58 are nominated. Five more are pending. Now compare that with overall, Bill Clinton in two terms, 62 Appeals Court judges. W. had 61. President Obama had 49. But President Trump already has 15 with six more in the hopper, and indeed, in W.’s two years, he only had 17 confirmations, one of which was a Democrat, by the way. He didn’t get another one until March of 2003. How many do you expect on the federal Appeals Court to get confirmed by your break for the elections, Leader McConnell?

MM: Well, we’re going to continue to confirm judges all year. You know, the Congress doesn’t stop with the elections. It goes until the end of the year. We’re going to do six more next week, which will bring us to 21. I’m processing them as quickly as they come out of the Judiciary Committee, and the administration’s sending them up rapidly. I don’t know what the final number is, but my goal, Hugh, is to confirm all the circuit and district court judges that come out of committee this calendar year. All of them."
    https://www.hughhewitt.com/senate-m...ederal-judiciary-and-the-pace-of-appoinments/

4. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,294
    While you were focused on New Hampshire, more Trump judicial nominees were confirmed

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 9:00pm
    Within minutes of Trump’s impeachment acquital, McConnell lined up votes on 5 nominees, including Andrew Brasher to the 11th Circuit. This week, all 5 were confirmed.

What are we up to, 192? Don’t blink or the number will change. The transformation of the judiciary will be Trump’s long-lasting legacy."
    While you were focused on New Hampshire, more Trump judicial nominees were confirmed