Trump Admin’s Criminal Justice Reform ‘Overwhelmingly’ Helping Black Prisoners

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by longknife, Jun 11, 2019.

1. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,511
    What?

How can this be?

The Left rants and cries how he’s a racist. There’s no way a racist could do anything like this.

No way.

These are the kinds of numbers that give Democrats nightmares.

With their hopes for defeating President Donald Trump in 2020 depending largely on turning out the black vote in its usual monolithic numbers, Democrats have been relentless in trying to paint the Trump administration as an unadulterated evil for African-Americans.

But a report released this month by the U.S. Sentencing Commission just made that job many, many times harder.

The report found that the First Step Act of 2018, a criminal sentencing reform bill passed by a Republican Congress and signed by Trump in December 2018, had benefited black prisoners incarcerated in the federal prison system in numbers far greater than other races.

We don’t need the report to know this. All we have to do is watch the interviews of people who’ve benefited from this program.

More @ Trump Admin's Criminal Justice Reform 'Overwhelmingly' Helping Black Prisoners

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,102
    Another good reason for blacks to flee the Democrat plantation. .. :thup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Since blacks are disproportionately represented in the big house, it is only logical that they disproportionately benefit from reform.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AveryJarhman

AveryJarhman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +679
    #TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

"I Used to Hate White People | My #WalkAway Story" Published on Nov 20, 2018 by It's Kyou

Sadly, free thinking Americans are targeted for HATE by a large population of PRO BLACK Americans apparently unwilling or incapable of embracing independent thought. :sad:

A black conservative female speaks about black & white liberals threatening VIOLENCE toward citizens peacefully sharing their thoughts, concerns & opinions about social issues affecting black or American citizens of African descent. :sad:

Clarence Thomas, Bennie Thompson, Pro Black Hate.png

Peace.
    ___
    American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS*

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AveryJarhman

AveryJarhman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +679
    Hello,Dekster. Do you think black Americans experiencing 'disproportionate' rates of Child Abuse has something to do with black Americans experiencing higher rates of incarceration?

Jazelle Hunt, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris.png

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

Stacey Patton, Colin Kaepernick NO HATE.png

Stacey Patton, Colin Kaepernick, Stop Whupping.png

Dekster, I look forward to reading your reply, with hopes of intelligently discussing SOLUTIONS for PREVENTING large numbers of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets from experiencing, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE!

Peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    TBH I didn't know they did until your post. Just not something I have ever heard discussed. My first blush reaction is that it possibly relates to frustrated parents acting their frustrations out on their children and/or the substance abuse common in many impoverished families. Perhaps in some cases it is cultural and in others it is lack of opportunity, including opportunity to be able to step away from the kids just to keep from losing their mind (single parenting, inability to afford sitters, etc). I will readily admit that there have been times I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been able to just throw the little bastards into someone else's arms as I was heading out the door they were so close to making me lose my shit. One in particular has always had this uncanny ability to bring me within minutes, sometimes seconds, of snapping. I cannot imagine what it is like for a single parent with multiple little ones on top of them 24/7.

7. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,236
    And this reform created not by Trump is supposed to show he is not a racist. So what was he going to do, not sign the proposal created by his son in law? Is that the proof you need to know he's a racist. LOL!

8. Kilroy2

Kilroy2 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Wow repubs jumping to take credit for this yet the vote count tells all

Aggressive campaign by some conservatives who tried to resurrect the "that reducing sentences would make the United States less safe." Two Republicans, introduced amendments to limit which types of offenders would be eligible for early-release programs or to water down other changes. All were narrowly voted down on the Senate floor.

In one of this Congress’s final acts, every Democrat and all but 12 Republicans voted in favor of the legislation

Yet this was an initiative started 5 years ago

McConnell as majority leader, stepped in and refused to give it a vote in the run-up to the 2016 election and now he votes for it

what is the difference well Obama was president and he refuse to give it a vote

Now that Trump is president he even votes for it

Many of the changes adopted by the Senate and embraced by Mr. Trump are modeled after successful initiatives at the state level intended to reduce the costs and improve the outcomes of the criminal justice system

Congress’s action would not directly affect state prisons, where the majority of the country’s offenders are incarcerated

All Trump and Kursner did was give a bill support that was already written and should have passed a long time ago except for conservative who didn't want to be seen as weak on crime.

This wasn't there idea but they jumped on that bandwagon real quick with an election coming up

For Democrats and Republicans who favored greater changes, Mr. Trump’s endorsement came at a cost: They had to scale back their proposed sentencing changes.

The first step act would expand job training and other programming in the federal prison system. Mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, to more equitably punish drug offenders.

The legislation falls short of a more expansive overhaul proposed in Congress during Barack Obama’s presidency and of the kinds of changes sought by some liberal and conservative activists targeting mass incarceration.

9. AveryJarhman

AveryJarhman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +679
    Hello, Dekster. Thanks for taking the time to write a reply.

Do you believe our Nation's population of impoverished, traumatized children and teens would be reduced if society began frowning on single motherhood instead of trying to glorify and normalize it?

'POVERTY, Sa Neter's House of Konsciousness Harlem, NY'

This video features Sa Neter, (@SaNeter7), Founder of The House of Konsciousness, Harlem, NY, sharing his opinion about Poverty.

POVERTY toya graham .jpg

Peace.

10. AveryJarhman

AveryJarhman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +679
    Hi, IM2. I have a question...

tupac trump SPECIFICALLY_00.png

Peace.