Ultimate energy source

Discussion in 'Energy' started by watchingfromafar, Aug 3, 2019.

1. watchingfromafar

watchingfromafar Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    The answer is yes & no one has as of yet; proven me wrong.
    :)-

2. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,548
    Entropy....friction....no.

3. watchingfromafar

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    I don’t know what it is that stops you from addressing the mechanics of this machine.

The moment to moment output of this machine is greater than the energy needed to keep it running and nothing you’ve said disproves this but still I am sure you are right. It’s just that you have failed to prove this.

Please try to be more specific and convince me in real technical terms.

Thanks in advance.

4. Toddsterpatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,548
    I don’t know what it is that stops you from addressing the mechanics of this machine.

The mechanics don't allow for 100% efficiency.

The moment to moment output of this machine is greater than the energy needed to keep it running

You're wrong.

but still I am sure you are right. It’s just that you have failed to prove this.

If you need me to prove entropy and friction....sorry.

5. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,126
    Are your three engineers still working on some numbers for you? I am confident that if they are credentialed professionals that they wasted no time in telling you that your "device" cannot mechanically create energy, it can only transfer the energy input to it. Creating energy would be a violation of the 1st law of thermodynamics. I doubt that they would waste much valuable time on coming up with "your numbers" if they are gainfully employed doing serious engineering work.

I don't thank anyone "here" will be able to PROVE TO YOU that your device will not work as you intend, as an energy source. You would not recognize proof if you saw it.

Since you obviously will not believe anyone on this forum that your device will not work, or believe the thousands of years of history in which many have tried and all have failed to create similar mechanical devices (perpetual motion machines) try making a scale model that works as you intend. it will not.

And by the way, your device is considered a perpetual motion machine because if it worked as you intend, to create energy, then once set in motion the output energy of your device could be looped back to the air pump and run your device indefinitely.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  6. watchingfromafar

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Toddsterpatriot, I’m going back to my office and do a bit more research on this. I’m going to redesign my model and include the equations needed to prove or disprove this once and for all.

en·tro·py
    /ˈentrəpē/
    PHYSICS a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work,
    https://www.google.com/search?q=entropy&se_es_tkn=krzdnqtu

In general terms, this buoyancy force can be calculated with the equation Fb = Vs × D × g, where Fb is the buoyancy force that is acting on the object, Vs is the submerged volume of the object, D is the density of the fluid the object is submerged in, and g is the force of gravity

· In our example, if we're dealing with an ordinary, stationary system, we can assume that the only downward force acting on the fluid and object is the standard force of gravity — 9.81 Newtons/kilogram.

Multiply volume × density × gravity. When you have values for the volume of your object (in meters3), the density of your fluid (in kilograms/meter3), and the force of gravity (or the downward force of your system in Newtons/Kilograms), finding the buoyancy force is easy. Simply multiply these 3 quantities to find the force of buoyancy in newtons.

· Let's solve our example problem by plugging our values into the equation Fb = Vs× D × g. Fb = 0.262 meters3 × 1,000 kilograms/meter3 × 9.81 newtons/kilogram = 2,570 Newtons. The other units cancel each other out and leave you with Newtons.

The machine will be in saltwater, so I need to start with it’s density, then the temperature of the water, the energy need to get the air to the bottom. and then finally the energy output—

Toddsterpatriot,, it’s the fun of doing all this that makes it worth while even if I am wrong in the end.

Later

7. Toddsterpatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,548
    In our example, if we're dealing with an ordinary, stationary system, we can assume that the only downward force acting on the fluid and object is the standard force of gravity — 9.81 Newtons/kilogram.

And once you power it up, you'll also have friction with the seawater, in both directions.

Toddsterpatriot,, it’s the fun of doing all this that makes it worth while even if I am wrong in the end.

I think you'll be surprised at how hugely wrong you are.

8. watchingfromafar

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Here is a simplified version that includes all the needed data----

9. watchingfromafar

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Here is a simplified version with actual numbers and data--