Understanding The Left

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Sep 17, 2019.

1. BlueGin

BlueGin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,167
    The only thing about civil rights the liberals care about is highjacking it as a “cause” to tack on their petty grievances to.

2. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,530
    who would you blame?

3. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,530
    it starts in congress, not doing the people's work is where this should all begin. what is it you all can do to change that? explain. I completely agree with your point, but the point really is that the media has been hijacked and normal america doesn't have a press to protect them. that was what we counted on as a people. own the press, you run the country, not the people, but the actors voted in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlueGin

BlueGin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,167
    Exactly. Their idea of fighting for minority’s ( see blacks for an example) Is telling them they are too stupid to find the MVD,use the internet or know how to do the paperwork to get an ID...therefore shouldnt be required to have an ID to vote.

Just one example of their racist BS.

5. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,992
    I don't know who "started" it. I do know that each tribe is making it worse. Each tribe has put party over country, and that's unforgivable for me.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,815
    i'm conservative and not that religious at all.

next stupid statement? what am i thinking. it will be the very next thing you say.

7. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,530
    well certainly, I asked how do you correct it? you know, stop it? ranting on about it does nothing to it, maybe encourages the extreme positions even more. the fact remains, the press is owned by the dems, anyone, and I mean anyone says anything different is just a liar. Until the press belongs to the people again, this shit ain't ever gonna stop.

the press must report the truth on either side. not one side only.

just remember, obammy was off limits. and that's all anyone needs to know.

Oh, I'll do an interview, but you give my your questions and we'll do a rehearsal of the interview and then do it live.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,815
    and i agree with you as well - congress needs to be doing their job. we've collectively lost sight of that and our separation of powers lines are fading fast.

i don't have to listen to the media. none of us do. we have choices and if someone wants to play the victim 24x7 then move on and stop talking about them. make them irrelevant because their clickbait no longer works.

there's life after the fall of mainstream news. oann.com and others are focused on traditional news. it will just take us a bit to learn to trust again. name any source and people first look to see which way it's purported to lean.

it will lean for you if you like it, against you if you don't. that's not all on the media, but us as well.

9. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,992
    I've said many times that two things have to happen, since it's clear that we're not going to see a strong third party.

First, some brave voices in each party are going to have to say "enough is enough", and stop worrying about bending over for their base. Next, the nutters on both ends of the spectrum will have to be culturally marginalized out of the conversation. They lack both the skills and the temperament to collaborate and innovate.

10. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,530
    no, no, you miss the reason for the extremism, it is due to the press. Period!!!! if truth isn't reported, then there is nothing for a country to do. you missed my entire point. I thought you were for ending extremes? there's only one way, the way it is reported. and BTW oan is on cable, you don't get cable, you don't get oan or fox or newsmax. nope. never get real news.

push congress back to legislating, and it takes the press to do that. IMO.

• Winner Winner x 1