Understanding The Left

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Sep 17, 2019.

1. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,531
    I voted for trump for that very point, he insulted both parties, even in his inauguration speech. both parties, never trumpers and the left bashed him for it.

Dude, if leaders can't lead, it's over. trump tried.

I'm surprised the russia russia shit was allowed to happen without the coup being punished. I'm saddened by my own country. the whole kavanaugh thing was so sick I was deeply embarrassed for him and his family. I never thought I'd see a group of humans act like piranha. wow. just wow. and then to repeat it for all to see the undignified again. amazing. fk them all. I hope death to those who chose that path.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,815
    i can't control what others do. only myself.

and i simply will not get into the stupid dramafied clickbait shit our media has become. just because someone out there, even with a loud voice screams HATE THE OTHER SIDE, i simply don't have to do it.

if i do, it's my fault, not theirs.

3. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,794
    More right wing rants.

1. The fact is that the right wing media will lie, cheat and steal to protect Trump. They have sold their collective souls because they want power. They spread the Trump propaganda to keep fools like you in line. The essence of the NY Times story is intact. The FBI was corrupted into launching a phony investigation which was designed to give Kavanaugh cover not to find facts.

2. Communism did not kill anyone. It was evil men who did it. No economic system kills anyone. What we are seeing is a extreme form of capitalism. Republicans support corporate statism allows corporations to grow so big and powerful they can control the government and people. Big corporations control the Republican Party. and when they say jump, Republicans ask how high. Corporations are allowed to pollute our air and water and destroy wildlife habitats all to save a few bucks. These co0mpanies need to be broken up.

3. There should be limits on authority when it endangers the health of others. You want unbridled authority. Parents do not have the right to endanger others by refusing to give their children the proper vaccines. Police officers do not have the right to abuse the authority they are given.

4. If someone says their religion prevents them from serving blacks is that okay? Or black and white married couples? Suppose that florist is the only one in town. There are a lot of reasons for not creating a blanket law.

5. When is a life a life? What about the liberty of a woman to make a decision? You are making a subjective observation and you make your interpretation as liberal as possible to make the numbers seem as large as possible.

Hyper partisanship is destroying our nation. Neither side should get everything they want. Trump is destroying the values we believe in. Trump's mad quest to be able to make laws without Congress' approval puts the Constitution at risk.

4. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,928

Did you actually write this?????

"Communism did not kill anyone."

NEXT.

5. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,531
    so you like the way the left behaves i.e., Kavanaugh? Climate Change? I mean, again, give me something from the right that is extreme like these types of issues with the left. dude, you gotta give something here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,531
    what you are witnessing is what would happen to a third party president by both parties. it isn't accepted, period, trump can't get anything done because of that very point. But I, unlike you, will not give my vote to the ones I dislike the most, not at all.

Trump i knew would win, I was reading and watching and seeing with my own eyes the people embracing him. I knew my vote was a good one. It still is. I will vote for him again.

I also hope hundreds of congressional fks get their asses handed to them. I don't care the party. this is our country and I would like candidate Yang know, simply, fk off you commie.. you work for us, WE DO NOT WORK FOR YOU.

"STEPHANOPOULOS: Entrepreneur Andrew Yang?

YANG: In America today, everything revolves around the almighty dollar -- our schools, our hospitals, our media, even our government. It's why we don't trust our institutions anymore. We have to get our country working for us again, instead of the other way around. We have to see ourselves as the owners and shareholders of this democracy rather than inputs into a giant machine."

7. The Professor

The Professor Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,865
    I agree.

All I can say is: “Good night and good luck.” This is how Edward R. Murrow signed off. I'm 79 and I remember the man well.

I'm also old enough to remember when this country had a legitimate free press. I remember something called “investigative reporting” whereby news agencies vigorously and fearlessly sought the truth. All of that is gone, replaced by an agenda-driven press which withholds the truth and in many cases simply lies to the country.

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who holds the office of President or Senator or Congressperson.
    The only thing that matters is who is standing over their shoulder making sure they perform their sworn duties. Every politician lives and dies by public opinion. They spend fortunes to convince the masses why they should be elected/reelected. These politicians fear the truth, but if there is no one seeking the truth they feel invincible. Their allegiance is not to their constituents but to their own ambitions. They sell out to the highest bidder and they do so with impunity knowing their misconduct is protected from public scrutiny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,794
    They also forget what they hear at the lectern.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not

9. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,815
    what would you like for me to give? i never said i like the way the left behaves, YOU are saying that for me as if i did. the left does that to me a lot also. now, at times i don't like how the right responds to the left either. so, now what? if someone screams at you and you want the screaming to stop, do you scream back? it's never worked when i've tried that method when i had to watch my nephews at babies, but it is quite comparable to me. how to treat someone acting like a child. well, like a child comes to mind.

you keep asking me to compare an extreme with a counter extreme and i can't. and i won't. if i do not like the extremes it does me ZERO GOOD to play their game, much less try to be better at it than they are. yet, if i see them acting as children then simply treat them as such. go "that's nice dear" and keep moving on. when they rail on kavanaugh then we *should* have simply showed some backbone and demanded proof before we allowed it to go to "public prosecution" where he never stood a chance anyway. granted that isn't easy but like you say, what other choices do we have? play their game and keep lobbing extreme shit at each other, or stop and grow up.

10. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,195
    Yes, taxes go up but you are no longer paying insurance premiums. It's not hard math...