USMB Coffee Shop IV

Discussion in 'USMB Lounge' started by Foxfyre, May 15, 2014.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,431
    Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
    And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
    Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
    Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
    Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
    JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
    Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
    Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
    Peach for healing
    Beautress for wellness
    Kat for wellness
    Mrs. Ringel05 for good results and comfort with new meds.
    Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
    All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,454
    But you can treasure the sense of accomplishment. Always a great feeling when a project is finally done. Congratulations!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,454
    Dropped my brother at the airport. Now I has a sad:th_dontgosmiley-1: He was a great help to me and a boost to my sanity. Amazing how well we worked together and how much we got done in these past few weeks. He helped me unload and stack a load of hay, got in 2 1/2 cords of wood, and helped start the newest goat shed. Of course, I still have to finish up a few things. If I can stay organized and focused, things will happen as needed.
    Partner had an appointment with a cardiologist today and the news was encouraging. It'll take about a year for the stint to be "permanent", though. Rod claims he'll be driving by the end of this month. Hell, he can barely stand up with aid. He can now touch his right forefinger to his nose, most of the time, and he does have some grip. I told him he wouldn't be driving until the docs tell him he can. He observed how having a stroke did not mean his driver's license was suspended. Guess again, buddy! I hid the car keys. It's still a pain because he's had at least 2, usually 3 appointments every week. He's claiming he'll be back to work by Thanksgiving. I guess it's good to have a goal, but it should be a realistic goal. I have to be supportive although skeptical so he won't crash when he doesn't get there by then.
    Thank you all for the encouragement and support throughout this difficult time, too!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,972
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,069

Sometimes having a goal, even if it seems unrealistic to us......is just the motivator for him to keep going. It may be annoying or outlandish to you for him to think he'll be 'right back at it' in a few short months......but it would be a whole lot worse on you and him, if he gave up completely and stayed or became completely helpless invalid.
    Who knows, he may become fully functional by Thanksgiving...…..stranger things have happened like that. But even if it took a few months longer to achieve what he's wanting to happen....I'm sure he'd be further along by his timeline than if he didn't try at all. Much of our healing is in the power of the mind.

Now all that being said...…..you do have my sympathy and support as I know it can be as hard or even harder on the caretaker than it is on the patient. :smiliehug:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,431
    Setting a goal and working for it usually gets us further along than we would likely get otherwise. But I understand GW's concern that the goal should be at least attainable, and not of a nature that throws the person into depression if it isn't reached.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,022
    ED2OcgLWsAAEMwp.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,454
    I am glad he has a goal. And I would be ecstatic if he could get back to work, the sooner-the better. I'm just apprehensive of the blowback if he fails. I do agree that the power of the mind is amazing. You are a living example of how well that power works and I look to you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,233
    You know as well as I that's just the start of a whole long list of things that have to be because I did this one. The stuff is in now so other priorities take precedence. One is the cancer drug they wife is taking makes her get cold easy, I have the swamp on and she's wrapped up in a blanket, I'm just comfortable....... So since I spend more time in my home office and with two desktops running it gets warm so I bought a small AC window unit. It's not going to be a quick fix as this house is only two wire electrical and the window is a slider, not a hung window. That means I have to get/make a support for the AC unit, do something to seal off the open area above the AC unit and run a 20 amp 3 wire. The 20 amp will be easy, the circuit box is an outside box maybe 15 feet from where I sit, just run some conduit to the outside wall of the office, pull exterior grade wire through, drill through the outer wall, add a interior box and plug and put in the breaker. I want to add the 20 amp because even though the breaker box is new I want the AC unit on it's own circuit that way I'm not drawing too much power on one circuit with all the computers, etc.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,233
    Oh and speaking of office...... Had ordered new RAM for my new computer build, it arrived but still having the same problem. Now I get to pack up the motherboard and ship it back to ASUS for repair or replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1