Vodka On Tap?

Discussion in 'History' started by PoliticalChic, Dec 6, 2019.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118
    Many of our Democrat posters, especially the Franklin Roosevelt groupies, may be away for part of the day, celebrating.....

Joseph Stalin, Russian in full Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin, original name (Georgian) Ioseb Dzhugashvili, (born December 18 [December 6, Old Style], 1878, Gori, Georgia, Russian Empire [see Researcher’s Note]—died March 5, 1953, Moscow, Russia, U.S.S.R.), secretary-general of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922–53) and premier of the Soviet state (1941–53), who for a quarter of a century dictatorially ruled the Soviet Union and transformed it into a major world power.

[​IMG]
    Joseph Stalin, 1950.Sovfoto
    On This Day - Historic Events and People

Roosevelt: "I would rather lose New Zealand, Australia or anything else than have the Russian front collapse."
    Robert Dallek, "Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945," p. 338.

Yup!
    'Russia Uber Alles'

What nation did Roosevelt represent, again?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,473
    You have to stop skipping your meds.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118

Are you suggesting that the post isn't 100% accurate, true and correct...

....or that your ire is up at having your inclinations exposed?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,473
    Inclinations such as what? You know I think I figured out what your problem is. You need those cheeks clapped girl. You spend too much time obsessing about communism.

5. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118
    Perhaps I should also mention that this is a Democrat day of remembrance.....it is the anniversary of the death, in 1879, of the Democrat who led the Confederacy.

Jefferson Davis
    Former President of the Confederate States

upload_2019-12-6_9-58-22.jpeg
    Description
    Jefferson Finis Davis was an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States from 1861 to 1865. As a member of the Democratic Party, he represented Mississippi in the United States Senate and the House of Representatives before the American Civil War. Wikipedia

Born: June 3, 1808, Kentucky
    Died: December 6, 1889, New Orleans, LA
    Political party Democratic
    Other political
    affiliations
    Southern Rights
    Wikipedia

Bet the Democrats love reminiscing about those day.......

6. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118

Gee.....you sound just like Hussein....

"Obama: No Difference Between Capitalism and Communism"
    Obama: No Difference Between Capitalism and Communism

100 million slaughtered is a mere 'bag a shells.' huh?

Sooo...you're a government school grad?

7. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,473
    LOL

I've never heard Obama tell somebody they need their cheeks clapped.

8. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118

Not one substantive post from you, even when I gave you the opportunities.

More inadvertent validation of my posts from one more boilerplate Liberal dunce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Litwin

Litwin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,287
    Roosevelt has had communist/koba´s spies advisers , who introduced to Roosevelt the totally worng world picture . by the way whats about Roosevelt´s wife , i saw information that she was a Marxist ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,118

I don't believe that Franklin needed much introducing to get him to back Koba......

FDR hated all successful businessmen, and his pal Joe had the way to deal with them.

Franklin Roosevelt had a visceral animosity toward businessmen, entrepreneurs, successful capitalists. And he had a way with words, in describing them. "unscrupulous money changers..." the greed and shortsightedness of bankers and businessmen," "..rulers of the exchange of mankind's goods have failed through their own stubbornness and their own incompetence" "we apply social values more noble than mere monetary profit." "there must be an end to a conduct in banking and in business which too often has given to a sacred trust the likeness of callous and selfish wrongdoing."

Wow! What the heck was that about? He was besmirching his fellow Americans, many of whom were responsible for the progress of society.

I'm about to tell you.

Franklin Roosevelt came from a very wealthy family, so one may puzzle at the vituperation he leveled at similar folks. Perhaps that very background is the reason, as with the politician George McGovern, he never learned how business worked, or how to earn money. His mother Sara reported: "Money was never discussed at home....All his books and toys were provided for him. We never subjected the boy to a lot of don'ts." "BEFORE THE TRUMPET: Young Franklin Roosevelt, 1882-1905," by Geoffrey C. Ward, p.125-126

a. Then again...how could they teach him about finance, after all, his father, James, inherited his fortune...and almost lost it by way of poor investments. His mother's father, Warren Delano, made his money selling opium illegally to Chinese addicts. When he retired to legitimate business, he didn't do much better than Franklin's father. Delano went back to the Opium trade, which is why Sara spent early years in China. "BEFORE THE TRUMPET: Young Franklin Roosevelt, 1882-1905," by Geoffrey C. Ward, p. 71.

Based on the hagiography, one can't help but be surprised at how mediocre young Franklin was at just about everything. Prep school was Groton, college, Harvard....excelling at neither sports nor academics. "I can't understand this thing about Frank. He never amounted to much at school." "BEFORE THE TRUMPET: Young Franklin Roosevelt, 1882-1905," by Geoffrey C. Ward,, p. 180-181

a. A 'C to C+' student; not much for homework, study, or research....but he focused on social-political clubs, debates and journalism.

b. Not the only rejection, but a significant one, was his attempt to join Porcellian, the oldest and most elite social club at Harvard. Theodore Roosevelt and other members of the Roosevelt family belonged to the club, but Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was president of the Harvard Crimson, never managed to be elected a member. At some time, in his late thirties, he told his relative Sheffield Cowles that this had been "the greatest disappointment in his life". Frances Richardson Keller, Fictions of U. S. History : A Theory & Four Illustrations, p. 116.

Porcellian members were future entrepreneurs, businessmen, bankers, and corporate lawyers.
    And they had rejected Franklin Roosevelt.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1