What are your favorite cooking shows ?

Discussion in 'Food & Wine' started by Angelo, Jul 27, 2019.

1. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,628
    Pasta Ala Amatriciana is good stuff, beats the hell out of spaghetti, and yes she is very attractive... marriage material all the way

2. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,596
    Giada De Laurentiis. Because I like to have some eye candy when watching a cooking show.

[​IMG]

But for good cooking on the wild side, I watch the Youtube channel for Almazan Kitchen

AlmazanKitchen

3. Deplorable Yankee

Deplorable Yankee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,496

Its delicious ...i betcha she taste delicious to :04:

my grandmother on my dads side was a ginny she could cook ...her mother i actually knew which was rarer she lived to 105 outlived 4 daughters and one son ...my grandma the fifth daughter was the last of em to go
    Plus i grew up around those hairy animals in willamsburg:04:...which made me a snobby food elitist
    Growing up the city was burning down around us but our grandmothers could walk the streets at midnight and not have to worry

Im an american mut im German English Irish Italian and ........who knows what else ?1024th injin ? like will never be prez lizbeth .... the kraut sides been here since before the civil war ......i know they were original upper east siders which was an ethnic German neighborhood in the 1800's

My mothers side is the English and Irish her parents MY grandfather did well for himself
    My mother is from Jamaica estates like the trumps ..pfft they couldn't cook :10:

Every time i hear i'm an alien im an Englishman in NY i think of my mothers father.....he was an off the boat immigrant a proper Englishman ....i can still feel his foot giving me a lil kick in the arse "haste makes waste boy "

he showed up before world war two began so he fought in an American uniform when we jumped in

If he saw what his old country ..and The USA for that matter became today he'd probably wanna grab a pitchfork
    anyway
    I CAN do a real classic heavier ragu pretty well ( that jar in the store named ragu is a lie ) ...i usually do three meats .chicken, pork (Italian sausages) and meatballs .....takes all day ...i would do it on snowy days ...my dearly departed always asked me to make it for her ....I would make a GIANT pot ...wed wind up freezing most of it for later and giving some to the tenants we actually liked

The chicken i do to perfection
    I do perfectly browned under cooked pieces and finished em off in the sauce at the end
    the meat would just fall off bones..not in the sauce on yer plate

you could make any classical dish with the sauce later
    The southern classics are great ...which most Americans are familiar with
    The northern ginnys taught the french how to cook ...whenever i say that it usually revokes a response of outrage from any frog wandering by :04:
    Speaking of krauts ...
    MY aunt Loretta could do a real sauerbraten and potato balls it was amazing my sister still has her potato ricer thats gotta be 100 years old by now

shes got all of aunt Loretta old German family recipes stashed away somewhere
    I know how to do that one pretty well to

i do it right n proper ..........7 days prep time
    3 days ...slackers

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. Deplorable Yankee

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,496
    which reminds me wwilyburg and bushwick were full of germans to
    when i got older and into the rag biz i knew a yid (hasidic jew ) all he sold was linings .7 freaking floors of nylon acetate and bembergs ...

underneath his building on the north side he had access to the giant beer caves that are still there
    willamsburg had some amazing German brewers ...and bakeries the last small mom and pop german bakery packed it in the 90s

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,628
    She is hot....but I can't stand the way she says Italian words. She speaks perfectly normal English (moved here when she was 5) and then when she says an Italian word she tries to say it as if it was an Italian saying it. Sounds forced and fake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Katniss

Katniss VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I like to watch "Beat Bobby Flay". It's not really a cooking show per se as far as instruction goes but they are technically cooking. (shrug - I'm competitive)

I also like to watch "Restaurant Impossible". Not because of the cooking or even the restaurant makeover but because of the people. There's some serious issue there. hahahaha

7. karpenter

karpenter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,723
    It IS Forced And Fake
    And Most Every Italian TV Cook Does It

Same As News Casters With Spanish Names

8. Angelo

Angelo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,586
    TV Food Network trivia time. Who was the Italian chef
    that always said "Holy macaroli !" ?

9. Deplorable Yankee

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,496
    Americans when they try and force those proper euro pronunciations
    cringe worthy
    they all do it ...

G is smoking hot

I always imagine her as a lipstick lez

I was disappointed shes married and has kids

worst TV chef on planet in my book
    Rachel Ray

10. skye

skye Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,473
    you know...If I need a new cooking recipe...I go online and look for three or four people who teach the dishes I want.... and then chose one and cook the dish.

that's fast and practical

I like it that way!:04:

no TV show for moi