What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery Jackpot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 007, Dec 8, 2019.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,311
    How would you go about helping the homeless....I have often thought about that process........just setting up shelters isn't enough to make them capable of standing up on their own.......I would use that money to try to find a way to do that....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,880

the solution here, is to buy/set up a business(s) they are guaranteed a well paying job with great benefits, etc for life.....regardless of what's going on around them.

My thought for my kids is to open a 'car restoration & repair' type business since 2 of the 3 are mechanics and I'd send the 3rd to business school to run it and which he is more suited for.....yet all 3 have equal ownership

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,363
    Become Bruce Wayne.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,880
    Assessing their needs and providing the needed support thru the process to go from the streets to self sufficiency can be a long one, especially since many are 'helpless' in that regard because of their mindset......so maybe working with an agency that does similar efforts??? IDK

5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,128
    Travel a lot. New Zealand. Brazil. Hungary. Ecuador. Not necessarily in that order and not limited to. Take cues from any of them as to where to go next, buy land in wherever seems to work and settle there.

Obviously that much money is way more than needed for anything, so you first parcel it into an investment that keeps generating and take the smaller parcel for the mad money. Increasing money for the sole sake of increasing money would be empty and pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,109
    Seriously? You'd just give away $150M?

7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,128
    Yer just looking for a Robin. That's what Craigslist is for. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,109
    I only have two sisters and one kid so, it wouldn't be hard to divvy out some money to family, but I'd probably buy land, like a large ranch in Montana, then maybe buy into a gold mine, or an opal mine in Australia, and probably buy a car and/or a Harley dealer, and I couldn't forget the little town I live in. I'd set up a scholarship fund for exceptional grads, and donate some to the village to help promote tourism and being on the river, and last but not least, I'd buy a radio station, and start another twitter/instagram social media type thing.

But I would make sure there was money coming in. There's no reason someone should get a windfall of couple hundred million and then ten years later be broke. You and your family should never be broke again, ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,128
    :clap2: This. People I encounter who were honest, trying, but just in unlucky circumstances would start to find doors opening for them and never know who did it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Anathema

Anathema Crotchety Olde Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,379
    First 3 phone calls would be my lawyer, financial advisor and security advisor. Bills and outstanding debts would be paid. Then my wife, the dogs and I would disappear, never to be heard from again.

... by which I mean everything would be put into a trust run by my attorney and my family would be living somewhere that nobody knew us, making next to no personal connections, living away from people and Society in general.

• Funny Funny x 1